Tuesday, March 9, 2010

My frist year in America

I always used to thought my life is boring.
but after telling some stories of my first year experience in America to my friends, I started thinking that I actually have stories to tell people and make them laugh. A lot of them actually happened in here in the USA, especially in my first year.
Okay, so here it goes:

1. my first host family LOVES cake. so after every dinner meal, they would have cake for dessert. and of course there was this little asian who liked cake but not to the point of having sugar rush every night. so I would eat the cake. Why? because they would give it to me. and one day, I just could not eat it, and my body was crying out, "please don't abuse me. is your host family more important than your own body?". It got to the point where I almost had to puke. but I didn't. I ate all the cake piece because I didn't want to offend them. Then I went to my room.... and CRIED.

2. my first day of school in America, I was not a good English speaker so everything was just so new and strange. I went to Family and Consumer Science class. I got a textbook for this class, and I opened it. On the first page of the book, there was a hand-drawn picture of ... 'peanut'. I was in SHOCK.

3. My first host family's house had whole bunch of cockroaches... They showed up and greeted me in living room, kitchen, dining room floor, my room, and bathtub. I think by the end of the year, I was like an expert at killing cockroaches. it's pretty gross.

4. They (you probably know by now who They are, ha.) had two kinds of hams for sandwich: round expensive ham and rectangle walmart-brand inexpensive ham. I was so excited to make a sandwich out of the round hams. But I was shunned. She (you know who She is) told me the round ham that's more expensive is for her only, and I could make sandwich out of the freaking walmart-brand rectangle hams. Screw the hams. I think I now know why I prefer turkey to ham.

5. It will be the last extraordinary story. It happened last year, actually. I am a Christian so I challanged myself to fast for three days for various purposes. so I fasted the first day, and it was bearable. felt pretty good about it. and I fasted the second day, I started starving. and I heard somewhere that I need to drink a bucket of salt water to cleanse my body and to give me some energy when I fast. so I like made a big bucket of salt water and tried to drink it all with a straw. I thought I was gonna die... I will fast again later but I don't know about salt water.

I have some good memories, of course, as well as weird memories. Good memories are way more, and that's why I don't really post the good memories. but when I have a real good memory later on, I will post it. :)

Just saying, I love America. It really gives me life.

No comments:

Post a Comment