Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The warmth of parental love

While I have been at Harding, I have been jealous of the kidos who get care packages from their parents, grandparents, church, or whatever.

It just looks so exciting and joyful to get a package from home.
It makes you feel thought of, cared about, blessed, and loved.

but I have not gotten any because I had lived at home.

Until now.


My parents, around Chrsitmas time every year, send me a package of things I need and presents for the Beaty's family. Since I'm living on campus now, they sent this year's package to my dorm!

So what does that mean?

That means....
I got to be one of the kids I had been jealous of getting packages and carrying them back to the room with such excitement to open them up and finding out what the packages contain.


You see how joyous I look? The moment of carrying it to Haley's room, opening it up, and looking at each item was so jovial that I was exhausted after I went through all the stuff I got. I loved every moment of it.

The excitement, the warmth from the love of my parents, and the gratitude to the Lord. 

These are what the package contained:
Seaweed wrap, Seaweed for cooking, black bean whole grain shake powder, natural MSG, black bean capsules, three different types of tea, flavored flake to eat with rice, green tea serum, sunscreen, cordless jump rope (just ask me), toothbrushe, and a jovial merry christmas card.

One bag of seaweed wrap contains 16 small packages. I asked for small amount just to have some home-food taste but they sent me three big bags (which ends up being 48 packages).

Asked for small amount of seaweed just to make some soup sometimes. They sent me a big bag os seaweed that serves 80 people. Guess I gotta have some feast with Aisan fellas at Harding.

Did not even ask for toothbrush because I already have a ton. They still sent me 8 more toothbrushes. I think I can have business with how many I have now.

It makes me laugh.
It makes me smile.
It makes my heart warm and cozy.  
It makes me miss my parents.
It makes me cry.

Such cute Christmasy socks my parents sent me. They obviously improved in their taste in fashion. So proud of them! :))

I love you, mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment