Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Joy

Happy Chinese New Years!

My country (South Korea) celebrates Chinese New Years as one of the biggest family holidays. My parents told me they are too busy to go visit any of their family members so they are going to just stay in the house and finish whatever they have to get done. Surprise. I don't think I've ever seen anyone who works like my parents. They literally work like a dog. Anyways, my dad has a social worker license exam on February 5th so he's been studying super, duper hard for that, I heard. and my mom, because my dad is focused on studying, is taking care of both her and my dad's duties. She is a wonder woman, I say. She may be physically weak and fragile but her strong mentality and will-power will never, ever let her physical circumstances get in the way of her working. Not sure if I should compliment on it but I just think she is a very strongly self-driven, disciplined, and seriously committed individual. I admire her for it. sometimes. I just wish she would take care of herself. Oops, sorry, I did not mean to make this post sound like a pity party for my mom. Well, I guess I do kinda pity her but I keep reminding myself that she probably has treasure stored in heaven because she is very sacrificial. She is a giver. She does not store anything for herself. I wish I learned some of her characteristics.

DGR girls who went to Zambia in the fall 2011 are now back in Harding. and I got to hear some stories from Whitney, Abbie, and Katie. Their stories are just amazing and surreal. Also, whenever they talk about Africa in terms of culture, the sceneries, places they went to, duties they were in charge of, and about God at work with them in Africa, they glow. Their eyes get bigger and teary. Their voices get excited. Their faces get smiley. They are just so excited for God. God truly, truly changed their lives through this unforgettable journey. and they are so in love with God. Just by hearing their stories, I get encouraged and uplifted. I get all teared up and amazed by how great God is. I am receiving vicarious experience of how awesome God of the universe is. how holy He truly is. I am so excited to hear more stories about what they did and what God did with them, in them, and through them.

I learned recently that it is not all about feelings. It is the truth in my soul that sets me free and fills me up with the joy in the Lord. I may not be smiley all the time. I may not be emotionally excited all the time. I may be tired, emotionally drained, or even depressed. However, these feelings do not change the truth. The truth is the solid rock that cannot be moved or shaken. I have hope in the Lord. I have purpose in living and promise from God. The enemy plays me with my weak, fragile feelings, not the magnificent truth of the King of it all. Now I know that, I have the true joy. I have joy in the Lord. and it is so good to be set free by the ultimate truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment