Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week Review 1.09.12 - 1.15.12

School started off pretty good. It has not been hectic like the last semester yet. but who knows. It's college. and I'm a junior. haha. but I am hoping it is not as busy as the last semester so I can actually have life and do things I want to do like doing some long-term volunteer work at Jacob's Place, working out more regularly, and developing friendship to a deeper level! :))

Yay.

So I made Korean food this week: Seaweed soup.
I am sorry if the picture kinda disgusts yall. (I know seafood is not really a thing for many of you guys..)
but I liked it. I thought it tasted pretty good.

On Friday, I had dinner with Kala. We caught up on each other's lives, which was so nice. She keeps me sane and I keep her sane (at least that's what she says. haha). and I love that we are so dependent on each other with the foundation on the Lord. Our friendship, I can say with full confidence, is totally based on God. I love that we keep each other accountable and help each other grow bigger and bigger in Christ and survive in the world. :))

and then I hung out with dear friends Haley and Nathan at Midnight Oil. It was really fun.
TEAONME!!! (pronounced as Ti-a-mi).
Inside joke.

On Saturday, me and three of my friends went rock climbing in LR. climbed for 3 hours and wore ourselves out. but it was really, really fun. Absolutely loved it.

Then on Saturday night, me, my suite, their cousins, and a few of our friends had potluck at the Rock House. I made chicken and rice casserole and cupcakes. (I baked them and the girls decorated!) I guess they could be the new recipe for this month. (If you don't know what I am talking about, go to the post about New Year's resolutions) I was super nervous about them but thankfully they turned out pretty well. :)) Muhahahahahahahhaaaaaa



On Sunday, I went to church and came back to campus. because Dustin and Olivia, my dear friends who got married over the christmas, hosted lunch for us. Olivia made Ziti. It was sooooooooooooo good. I am sure she has been a good wife so far and will be a great one for the rest of her wifehood(?)

I learned a new card game called Bang. It was originated in Italy (?) so the original terms are in Italian but it is translated into English on the cards. Basically, you are having a western cowboy fight through the cards. You can shoot, punch, or knife. then you can miss, dodge, or whatever. You are given different characters with different abilities. It is really fun. It requires a lot of brain work. but hey. it is really fun once you get the hang of the game. As I played it, I actually filmed a battle scene in my head. like a movie. It was quite entertaining in my head.


So yeah. this week was really good. Educational, Entertaining, Social, and Fun. Of course, spiritual. this week was pretty emotional for me because it was so good to be back to see everyone and be productive again. but I got really homesick during the week getting overwhelemd by such a crowd of students and school work. but I had a dear friend who was more than willing to run to me and pray for me. I love my friends. Friendship is genuinely one of the best gifts from God.

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day. aka MLK day. therefore, we don't have school! yayyyyy. I have several plans in my head. They are all up in the air. but hopefully I will get to do something fun. :))

Okay. I need to go read some for my classes. My weekend was too full of social activities. time to start being a college student again. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment