Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ta-da! Thanks for the nice ending of christmas break

So...........................
I have been bored the heck out of my life over the break.
I have been lazy, bored, lonely, and depressed... but I also have been productive, active, and just going and going with whatever I was doing - mostly chores like laundry and dishes.(Trust me, with 7 people in the house, there's endless amount of laudnry and dishes to do.. haha) but overall, compared to other people who went to Mexico, New York, Florida, and all the other awesome places in the world, I have been kinda stuck in S-town in Arkansas.

I mean, I went to Little Rock couple of times. for Christmas shopping and all that. haha. (Trying not to make myself so pitiful)

and then Mr. George showed up.

He and his wife, Mrs. Linetta, are a couple I met at the church in Little Rock I went to when I was in NLR for the first year in the United States as an exchange student. They helped me a lot with everything. They became my another set of parents. They are such blessing to me. Their characters as christians are wonderful, and what they do is just flat out awesome. Mr. George, despite his age, is the most active, athletic, outdoorsy person I've met. He has a gigantic camper in which he and his wife went to 3-month trip over the States with the destination to Alaska. He runs all the time. He has participated in marathon so many times that Mrs. Linetta made a quilt out of all the marathon t-shirts he has and they still have a ton of marathon shirts left over. He is in several running and biking clubs in Arkansas. He takes youth group at his church to hiking and camping trips several times a year. Plus, he rides a Harley Davidson. well, he used to for a long time. and he recently - I think this year - got a new Honda. It is a trike. Since Mrs. Linetta doesn't have the most stable feet now, they needed something more vehicle-ish instead of motorcycle. It is stunning red. It is so cool. I love it. Mr. George goes to Sturgis every year. Every freakin year. It is so awesome. He knows how to live a life. He knows how to make a living and yet not get wrapped in the living and just enjoy life. I learned a lot of life lessons from him.

So I went to go visit them in NLR on Thursday and spent the night there. On thursday, we hiked the Pinnacle Mountain. East side is way cooler than the basic trail because it is rocky, challenging, and thrilling. We got to the top. There were so many young people there, surprisingly.


And then we went to pick Haleigh up. Haleigh is their granddaughter. She is 21 month old, I think? She is soooooooooo cute. Such a friendly baby. But let me tell ya. She knows what she wants and will not back out on it. and She knows what she does not want and will not force herself into it. Haha can you tell she will be soom sort of leader?

Then we watched "Tangled".I think that is my favorite disney movie. So adorable.

Mrs. Linetta's no-bake oatmeal cookies are my favorite cookies. There's just something about it. Different from all the other oatmeal cookies I've tired. They are just so sweet, soft, and amazing. and Yes, I binged. haha

On Thursday, we went biking at Burns Park. We went all the way to the Big Dam bridge and just biked around. It was such a pretty day with clear sky and sunny sun. There were quite a few people biking, running, jogging, and taking a walk. :))


(The helmet was huge. It kept falling in front of my head and covering my sight.. haha)

Then we had tuna sandwich for lunch and then took off for a trike ride. I got to ride on his new, stunning red Honda trike. It was so awesome. We drove on the countryside to Russelville, got chocolate milkshake at Whattaburger (So thick and delicious. LOVE it.), and got back to Little Rock.

Went to pick Haleigh up, had stir-fry for supper, and got back home.

The past two days I spent with Mr. George were so enjoyable and wonderful. I hope my spring semester is not as busy as my fall semester was so I can go camping or backpacking with him on weekends. I want to be able to enjoy my life more. I want to extract more fun out of my life.

Anyway, it was a nice ending of my christmas break.
Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment