Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Journal on 5/19/2010

I'm here at a desk at Jungchul English school (this is where I work right now). It's been already about a week since I've started working here. I'm substituting for this Irish teacher named Joelen. Here dad passed away from heart attack. I feel so bad for here and pray that her family gets assurance from the Lord. But this opportunity for me to teach these kids English has been a blessing. I was actually worried before the summer began about how I would not be able to get a job. But here I am having almost a full-time job with no time to do anything else.. haha I've already learned a lot. It has been a great experience so far.

What did I learn and feel through this job? Hmm.. I saw and learned some sides of the real world. SOCIETY. It is not too bad. In fact, the other teachers here are GREAT! But I learned different kinds of responsibilities as an adult with a job. Also, relationship with co-workers is very, very important. And I feel like there are whole lot more but can't really think of anything. To do all that, I think that the first step is to have self-confidence. Without self-confidence, it is hard to survive from the world where peole trample on each other to go on to a high seat. The world has become a serious survival game, anyway. Well, I'm still observing, feeling, hearing, seeing, and experience, so I will get back with you on this issue later.

I've started reading "March off the Map" by this author named Han Bi ya. She was one of the members in World Vision Emergency Relief group. A great role model. One of my role models. This book is what I need. I'm so glad that I chose this book. It doesn't make me as if I get a call from God to go to Afghanistan or anything like that, but this book just makes me feel warm inside and tells me that I'm not alone.. somehow it does... Anyway, I highly recommend this book!

I've also started going to gym. I had a measurement and the result that I need to lose about 10 pounds of body fat. SHOCK. so hopefully, I will lose weight and be a healthy kid.

Lately, I feel really weak and imperfect. and I'm kind of frustrated in a way but also thankful for these feelings because it makes me lean on God even more. YES!

Online Biology course... SUCKS! I hate it. but I have to do it since it's a required course to graduate and I already registered for it. Dang it.

Hmm. I'm trying to ask God and do whatever He wants me to do in my fruture. but I keep being selfish and calculating what will be more beneficial for me than for Him and His people.

Anyway, my life is good so far. But what I need to do! do some MUSIC and some PHOTO. I can't believe I've put myself aside from those two lately. and also BLOGGING!

Love and blessings,
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment